Mayo – League Champions 2019

Posted by

 Photo © SPORTSFILE

 Maigh Eo 3-11 (20) Ciarrai 2-10 (16)

Frantic, minor heart-attacks, nails bitten and
full of Mayo Class. Full of Mayo Madness at the final whistle.

We were deserving winners last Sunday. We took our goal chances and the National League Division One trophy is heading west across the river Shannon.

The Sawdoctors was blasted out to a VICTORY at a MAJOR FINAL and that’s what matters. Diarmuid O’Connor lead his team through a very tough game that could have gone either way at stages. Andy Moran played very well coming off the bench and nobody worked as hard as the Ardagh man James Carr. It was a team victory and one dedicated to the fans.

As the Green and Red of Mayo rang out around Croke Park we got to see a  a rare day of silverware in the capital of Dublin for our long suffering mighty Mayo fans.

Some will say it’s only the league but the pubs of Ballagh, Ballyhaunis, Ballina, Castlebar, Westport and Achill Island
and all around the four corners of County Mayo will not care about that for the week!

We certainly believe we will be back in September.

P.S
Congrats to Limerick . The Treaty Men are the hurling league champions.

The West is awake!

@poljoy32

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply